OHM Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Ohm-Yoga’s mission is to improve emotional, physical and mental well-being to foster, protect and support children from stressful environments in our increasingly fast-paced world of technology, academic performance and social peer pressures.
Our goal at Ohm-Yoga is to cultivate happiness and wellbeing in an age appropriate manner by nurturing and developing mindful children who have clarity of intention and a connection with self and the greater community.
Please read through and accept the following terms and conditions. We hope that your time at Ohm-Yoga will surpass your expectations and that your child will flourish!
Please tick this box if you have read and agree
Registration & Schedule
- A register for each class is maintained by the teacher and records student attendance for the purposes of health and safety and security.
- We work hard to stay on schedule, but in cases of utmost necessity we may change the time or date of a scheduled course. In that unlikely event you will receive notice via email as early as possible.
- Course dates and times are subject to change, but it is the intention that this not take place unless of utmost necessity. Courses are listed in British Summer Time (BST) or Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) depending on the time of year. Ohm Yoga reserves the right to change classes, withdrawal and termination of attendance
- All bookings and payment are through web-site and students are expected to attend all classes for the duration.
- In rare occasions, we may need to reschedule and in these circumstances refunds will not be given – we will endeavour to work with the group to find an alternative date.
- After School-clubs invoices must be settled prior to the start of each term; or prior to starting classes following confirmation where a student has enrolled during the year.
- If a class is cancelled due to the sickness of the teacher, a health epidemic or any other seen or unforeseen event, Ohm-Yoga will endeavour to reschedule the class.
This may be on a different day or a different time or both from when the class was originally scheduled, and might involve an extension to the term time dates. No refunds will be given in this case.
- You understand, that Ohm-Yoga will take all reasonable care in ensuring that their classes / lessons are safe. You hereby acknowledge that physical activities may involve a risk of injury. I assume such risks and accept any responsibility for any injury sustained by my child.
- You understand that it may be necessary for the teacher to appropriately use hands-on adjustment occasionally to assist my child with their work or safeguard them from harm and I consent to this. This physical contact may be necessary by members of Ohm-Yoga. If you have any concerns regarding this please contact us before participation firstname.lastname@example.org. Ohm-Yoga is certified by the Yoga Alliance (trademark) and holds a full DBS background check.
- Physical activities during Yoga practise carry a risk of injury to participants. Upon registration, you release Ohm-Yoga of any liability whatsoever arising out of an injury, damage or loss which may be sustained by said person during the class or session of involvement with Ohm-Yoga. This includes all Ohm-Yoga activities.
All participants of Ohm-Yoga may have the opportunity to be photographed and /or videoed during various events. You provide through this acceptance permission for these photos or videos to be included in Ohm-Yoga publications or advertisements, including on our websites. To ensure privacy, specific names of children will not be included. No financial compensation shall be given for use of any photographs or video. Upon registration, you acknowledge that Ohm-Yoga may choose not to use my photo or video immediately, but may do so at its own discretion at a later date.
Ethics & Code of Conduct
Throughout offerings everything is pursued with commitment to the Ohm-Yoga set of core values: Caring, Compassion, Collaboration, Commitment, Genuineness, Generosity, Harmony, Honesty, Openness and above all Mindfulness. These values are held in high regard as they serve as a guide for teaching, decision-making, and professional practice. Our instructors, volunteers and staff are firmly committed to ethical practice and to embrace open and honest relationships with their colleagues and students. (Munira to enhance)
This Code of Conduct is a summation and declaration of acceptable, ethical, and professional behaviour by which all students agree to conduct during Ohm-Yoga sessions. As a student of Ohm-Yoga I agree to uphold the ethical goals set forth in the following code of Conduct:
- Behave respectful and speak in a way that does not offend others at any time
- Treat everyone with respect, care, compassion and non-judgementally.
- Dress appropriately, ideally anything you can easily move around in and you feel comfortable with.
- First time students should arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of their first class to register. We cannot guarantee entry should students arrive late or close to the start of class.
- Please inform your instructor about current health issues or injuries.
- Treat everyone with respect. Any form of bullying will be treated seriously and may lead to exclusion from the course.
- To avoid discriminating against or refusing support to anyone on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or national origin.
- Please ensure you are hydrated before coming to our sessions, of course we make water available during session.
- Ensure you are punctual for tutorials both on-line and in-class
- Regular practice is important so always meet deadlines for home assignments and projects.
- Treat all course property with respect.
- Always ask for help when needed during any of our sessions.
- Follow the venue’s Health and Safety rules at all times
- Attend all tutorials (unless absence is explained or agreed prior). If absent the time must be made up in one of the following ways.
- a) private tutorial at £35.00 per hour.
- b) Attend the tutorial missed on the next available course.
- Look after the venue with respect, please tidy up with the group after the session and dispose of litter responsibly.
- Mobile phones are not allowed at any time, please switch off your mobile phone so not to get any interruptions.
- Be open, have fun and above all practice each class mindfully and with intent. Ohm Yoga reserves the right at any time during the sessions to ask students to leave a class if the above Code of Conduct is violated.
- The sessions/courses on-line or in person are non-refundable and if a session is missed a catch up session will be at additional cost. Exception: individual consideration to be evaluated by Ohm-Yoga on a case-by- case basis, but Ohm-Yoga reserves the right to refuse refund.
- Ohm-Yoga does not financially guarantee your total satisfaction with the course. However, we are highly interested in your ideas and critical observations and will work hard to understand and incorporate them. Please email email@example.com with comments, concerns or questions.
- If an invoice has not been paid at the start of term or upon enrolment in accordance with these terms and conditions the student will not be admitted to any classes until the invoice has been paid in full.
- Ohm-Yoga reserves the right at any time during the term to ask students to leave a class if any fees remain outstanding after the start of term.
- The payer will receive both verbal and written notice if payment has not been received in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Ohm-Yoga reserves the right to charge a late payment fee if an invoice remains unpaid after the first class of a new term.
Materials provided to course participants are not are not to be duplicated, distributed, or modified without verifiably explicit written consent and specific permission from Ohm-Yoga. Ohm- Yoga retains all intellectual property rights to all contents appearing during the course.
- Ohm-Yoga holds information about our customers and students to enable us to carry out our business through membership. This information includes the contact details you supply to us and may also include confidential student information you provided and consented Ohm-Yoga to keep.
- We treat all communications from students with professional confidence. Ohm-Yoga will not disclose your information to third parties except where you have given your permission to do so. We may from time to time contact you individually about other carefully selected services or classes which we think will be of interest to you.
- All records kept on a student are stored or disposed of in a manner that assures
Security & Confidentiality.
We do not disclose student confidences to anyone, except: as mandated by law; to prevent a clear and immediate danger to someone; in the course of a civil, criminal, or disciplinary action arising from the instruction where the teacher is a defendant; for purposes of supervision or consultation by previously obtained written permission. In cases involving more than one person (as student), written permission must be obtained from all legally accountable persons who have been present during the instruction before any disclosure can be made.